The University of Benin (UNIBEN) has released an amended calendar for the 2019/2020 and 2020/2021 Academic sessions.
At the end of a meeting of the University’s Senate on Monday 4th January 2021, it was resolved that old Students of the Institution should come into residence on the 30th of January for the continuation of First Semester lectures on Monday 1st of February, 2021.
The Semester is expected to run until the 1st of April, 2021, while Second Semester is billed to commence on April 5, 2021. For the 2020/2021 amended calendar, fresh students are to under-go on-line clearance from Monday 5th to Friday 30th April, 2021 and commence orientation on the 3rd of May, 2021.
All returning students (old and new) are to note the following:
1. They will be required to fill an on-line questionaire and submit the print-out to the Dean of Students before resumption.
2. Adhere strictly to the non-medical protocols of compulsory use of face masks, hand sanitizers and physical distancing.
3. Possession of an android/smart phone or device is advised, as e-learning has become inevitable.
4. Expected to comply with acceptable dress codes as determined by the University in line with societal norms and values.
5. Returning students with any ailment are to ensure that they are properly treated before resumption.
The Vice Chancellor, Professor Lilian I. Salami, on behalf of Management, Senate and Staff wishes all, a most fulfilling 2021.
Signed: Benedicta Ehanire, Ph.D
4th January, 2021